Saturday, May 22, 2010

No more toys???

I thought it would be a good idea to take away all the toys at my house for awhile. So two months ago I did, I also decided to unplug the TV while I was at it. It wasn't supposed to be a punishment or anything (although one kid was grounded at the time), just something I felt needed to be done. I told my kids I thought it would be a good thing to have no toys. They shrugged their shoulders about it only asking what they were supposed to play with now, "I said, blankets, cushions, pillows, and chairs." J got right to work making new and better toys. After a few weeks I got the Legos back out and if the kids ever request any other toy I get it out for a day or two. The TV was recently plugged back in so dad could watch baseball, although I don't think anyone noticed it was unplugged for a week or more.

By the way, as we head into the summer when all four of my kids have birthdays, YES my kids are allowed to have toys, but they also seem to enjoy popsicle sticks, pillows, cushions, chairs and blankets *grin*


x-wing fighter

clone trooper with blaster


1 comment:

Living Lavallee said...

That's fantastic! My kids get so much mileage out of a piece of elastic also.